From the past decade, enterprises have been using Computers or Laptops for data and Landlines setups for calls. Nowadays, times are changing and so are the workplaces. Individuals are no longer confined to office spaces, instead, with changing times and work culture, SMBs and SMEs are adopting work from home as the new usual.
In such scenarios, technological infrastructure is a big challenge faced by the working class. One such problem is the dependency on landline phones for continuous communication within and outside the organization. These modern problems require a modern solution, just like meetings got shifted from a conference room to Teams, Zoom or Skype calls, landlines need a solution as well.
Landline in your pocket – with Microsoft Teams Direct Routing is the solution; which is a modern cloud-based telephony system unified with Microsoft Teams. Together they deliver an all-in-one communication solution bringing together calling, chat, and meetings into a single application ensuring increased productivity and relaxed efficiency.
Direct Routing with Microsoft Teams enables users to place or receive calls from anywhere and anytime using their phones or a virtual phone system, eliminating the need for a traditional PSTN system.
So how does this benefit the SMBs and SMEs?
Here’s why one would consider Cloud-based Phone System with Microsoft Teams.
- Uses the best of landline without actually having to use a phone. PSTN calls are routed through the help of a Session Border Controller to a private branch exchange (PBX), from where they are again routed to Teams user.
- A cost-effective way to reduce Capex on infrastructure by cutting down the use of a traditional phone system, upgrading to the digital, cloud-based telephony.
- Make and receive calls from anywhere – The flexibility of working remotely is one of the key reasons to opt for this solution, as users need not be in the office, and teams could be formed across the globe.
- Getting started is easier and migration is simpler as well. One can easily migrate their contacts from PSTN to teams and keep their data intact.
- It also allows enterprises to choose a plan that suits best as per the needs of their employees and hence ends up paying only for their requirements without any extra cost
Direct routing With Microsoft Teams enables enterprises to be more productive with an all-in-one communication, hence changing the meanings of both data and calls as one.