Decision-making is a fundamental activity in business, and it needs to be precisely correct as it directly affects the profit or loss of the firm.Most companies hire individuals with high caliber for this crucial task.
However, as we know it ‘To err is to human’ and, sometimes these decisions can cause hefty losses or in worst case, damage the brand image.
In recent times, SMEs and SMBs are adopting Microsoft’s Power BI tool for generating best in class data reports, insights from data to further enhance the decision-making process.
Power BI is a business intelligence tool that helps users connect disparate data sets, transform and clean the data into a data model and create charts or graphs to provide visuals of the data.
For getting started, the tool is available as a desktop app for minimal use to general users. A service app is available as SaaS integration with cloud. Microsoft also offers Power BI as a premium service for large-size organizations.
Here are some key features of Power BI-
- Data Insights- Acquire quick insights and visuals of data and create a dashboard for all your reports.
- Easy Deployment- Extract data with ease from Excel, Salesforce, or a data warehouse.
- Sharing- Share reports with anyone inside or outside the organization, or alternately add users to view your reports.
- Customize- Send your specific query for analysis using Power Query, and even the appearance of your reports and visualization.
- Mobile- Operate your BI tool on the go with a mobile app.
- Cortana Integration- Integrate Cortana with Power BI for ingesting voice queries.
With Power BI, multiple users can use the app as per their requirement. For example, if a sales coordinator may only need to study the sales report and understand sales-crunch. However, an analyst may need it for making decisions that are critical for the organization. Additionally, a large corporation may need this tool for daily based analysis from multiple perspectives by multiple users.
Try Power BI service tool now, and never regret making a wrong decision.