How to Use personal feature In Microsoft Teams
The key to keeping your product alive in the market is to keep improving your product or service. And Microsoft does this time and again. Within three years of its inception, there have been numerous additions in Microsoft Teams. While the makers are still at it, here is a glimpse of the newest feature introduced in preview.
As most of us are now more confined to our homes and social gatherings are avoided, we are depended on chat and calling apps for work, schooling kids through online classes, or even for socializing with friends and family with e-meets. Managing all of this on a daily basis can get stressful. As a result, tools that help us stay on track and free up time for recharging have become more and more critical.
The preview of more new personal features in Teams will make it easier to manage and plan your days. To begin with, you can now add your personal account in the Teams desktop or web app to chat with or call friends and family. With group chat and video calling now available on both desktop and mobile, connecting and organizing with loved ones will be easier than ever before, especially with holidays around the corner.
Here’s what you can do with your Teams app-
- Chat and call friends and family—right from your desktop: stay on top of your important communications—across your work and personal life—without having to constantly switch between devices. Now, you can add your personal account in the Teams desktop or web app and sync all your chats to your computer so you can carry on conversations on whatever device you prefer.
- Chat with people in Teams, even if they are not using the app: chat with contacts who don’t have Teams installed on their phones. Simply type a contact’s name or phone number to add them to a group chat and, if they are not on Teams, they can receive and send replies to the group via SMS, keeping the conversation flowing. However, this feature is currently available in the US and Canada.
- Get notified when loved ones leave or arrive at a location: make it easier for your loved ones to receive updates about your physical whereabouts, allow them to receive automatic alerts whenever you leave or arrive at a designated location
To start using personal features in Teams on your computer, follow these steps:
- If you are new to Teams, download the Teams desktop app and sign in with a personal Microsoft account or create a new one to get started.
- If you currently use the Teams desktop app at work, click on your profile picture on the top-right corner and select ‘Add personal account’. Upon successful login, Teams will launch a new window containing your personal chats and groups so it’s easy to switch between your work and personal accounts.
- If you want to use the personal features in Teams in your web browser, sign in to Microsoft account to get started.
A few additional features available on the mobile app are-
- Add group events from your chats to your device’s calendar.
- Get task and location updates in your activity feed.
- Add a photo to your personal Safe.
The new features have started to roll out in preview on the Teams mobile app, desktop app and web version of the app and will be fully rolled out in the coming weeks.