Microsoft renamed their product office 365 to Microsoft 365 in April this year. ‘New name, same great value, same price’, says Microsoft. Microsoft 365 has got better than ever and has all the office features plus some additional benefits in its premium version. However, this doesn’t affect any of the older users of office 365.
This is a branding attempt made by Microsoft to make its products more distinguishing and to meet the specific needs of different users. While the office suite is a complete productivity package, Microsoft 365 provides productivity tools with a few other services such as Exchange, SharePoint, OneDrive, and teams.
what is different in Microsoft 365 is a subscription format where you get all your apps up-to-date, and additional cloud storage. While in office, apps are purchased and cannot be updated to newer versions. If you want a new updated version, you will have to purchase a new one. A good reason for why you would want to have a subscription rather than a one-time purchase.
Microsoft 365 is available for users in four major categories, Home, Business, Enterprise, and Education. Every category has subscription plans depending upon their requirement.
Microsoft for business includes plans starting from $5 per/month/user and the premium plan is priced at $20/user/month. All these plans are customized as per the usage with a free one-month trial in the standard and premium version.
Microsoft 365 has some good features like real-time co-authoring, mobile, and web versions of the app which make remote working an easy task. It enables seamless connectivity and data sharing through one drive and teams.
Requirements for Microsoft 365:
- A stable internet connection to install and activate the app, and to upgrade it every month.
- A Windows operating system version 10, or a most recent version of Mac OS, not older than two from the latest version.
- Windows OS: 4 GB of available disk space or macOS: 10 GB of available disk space
- Windows OS: 4 GB RAM; 2 GB RAM (32-bit) or macOS: 4 GB RAM
- A Microsoft account is required for licensing and access to services.
- The current version of Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, Safari, Chrome, or Firefox.
- Skype requires a standard laptop camera or USB 2.0 video camera, a microphone, and an audio output device to utilize its full range of calling features.
with all the plans that are available to users, it is easy to choose a plan that suits them the most. Additionally, for the older office 365 users, there is a new name for your plan but most of it remains the same.