Data is equivalent to gold for every IT-related personnel, be it a professional or an entire firm. It’s the foundation for most of their day-to-day activities at work.
While several measures are being followed by enterprises for data protection and security, yet 30% of the enterprises have suffered data loss over the years. To overcome this loss of valuable data, a lot of measures are taken by firms, it could be protection from threats, backup of data and so on. However, these physical on-premises techniques could not be reliable if there is a threat to the on-premises server.
Microsoft’s Azure Backup is a one-click backup solution which simplifies data recovery and
is easier to enable than other cloud backup services.
what are the services offered by Azure backup for enterprises?
- Backup– Backup your virtual machines’ data, files, folders, system states, SQL database and even on-premises server backup.
- Multifactor Authentication– Enable Multifactor authentication with a pin for additional security to avoid human errors.
- User Authorization– Authorize users to perform critical operations to avoid accidental deletion and prevent unethical practices within the organization.
- Recovery from accidental deletion– with Azure, deleted files are stored on the cloud for two weeks before wiping off completely, thus enabling users to recover from accidental recovery and human errors.
- Threat Detection– Azure Backup provides continuous threat detection and prompts the user whenever a suspicious threat is detected.
- Get unlimited data transfer– Azure Backup doesn’t limit the amount of inbound or outbound data you transfer or charge for the data that is transferred.
- Multiple storage options– Backup enables users with two storage options, depending on their needs and budget. These options are Locally-Redundant Storage (LRS) and Geo-Redundant Storage (GRS).
- LRS enables you to store multiple backup copies in the same region as your source data. You can keep up to three copies of data to protect against loss or corruption.
- GRS enables you to store backups in a separate region from your source data. This enables you to use the backup as a fallback in case of regional outage or failure.
Azure offers a variety of backup services that users can use to create cloud-based and hybrid-based backups for their data and operations. User can optimize backup space and cost by alternating between multiple storage options and enabling granular backup. This will help users to gain more control over backup optimization.